Increasing your website’s traffic isn’t easy, and increasing your organic traffic can be time consuming and/or expensive. Organic traffic is when people come to your website without a direct marketing cost attributed to their visit.
There’s plenty you can do boost organic site traffic at no cost except your time:
- A great way to show up more frequently in search is to have an secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate, as leading search engines are known to rank secure sites higher. Additionally, avoid being blacklisted from search engines, make sure your site is free of malware by using an online website scanner such as Site Check from Sucuri.
- Focus Your Efforts Only on Social Media Platforms that Work for Your Business. There’s a place and a time for everything. So the question remains: what do you do if you’ve done everything possible by the book to promote your page and it still doesn’t work? You kill it. Copyblogger did it with their Facebook page. After all, it’s not strategically appropriate to invest a huge amount of time and resources into something that refuses to comply with the rules of ROI.
- Nurture in-bound links from other websites. In addition to directly building traffic, this will increase both your search engine placement and your stature for people who check on your link profile.
- Write compelling headlines and subheads that pull visitors into your site.
- Drive Traffic with Email Marketing. Communicating with customers through emails is a key component to driving new customers to your website and keeping customers loyal after their first visit. Ensure that anything you send to customers adds value — whether it’s an exclusive discount, updated events and offerings, or professional insights and recommendations based on your own experiences. After you’ve crafted the perfect message, craft a catchy and concise subject line, and you’re ready to go.
So… to increase organic site traffic you need to give your customers what they want — quality advice, information and insight.