Get More Traffic & More Engagement
The days of restricting your media to traditional channels are well gone. Most businesses have a finite marketing budget, so it makes sense to spend it carefully. Marketing through social media can be highly effective and cost-efficient. If your customers and potential clients are on social media, then you need to be visible there too.
Many businesses either lack the time or skill to devote to running their social media marketing campaigns themselves. Instead, they prefer to work with social media marketing agencies to help tell their stories on social. In some cases, this may involve operating corporate social accounts; in others, it may be PPC social advertising. You may even choose to run both options, perhaps combining it with influencer marketing.
With the proliferation of social networks over the last few years, it should come as no surprise to find that many agencies advertise social media services.
Let’s now look into the importance of social media in business by analyzing its advantages.
#1: Leverage Social Advertising
Social media advertising may be the new kid on the block, but it’s growing faster than imagined. Take Facebook Ads for example. Even though the social network launched ads in 2005, it managed to reach 9.16B in ad revenue in the first quarter in 2017. This just goes on to show that social advertising is here to stay — for a long, long time.
As more and more businesses successfully experiment with digital advertising, they’re realizing that taking the social media advertising route makes total sense. Here’s why:
- Lower ad costs: When compared to traditional advertising methods such as print media, TV and radio advertising, social ads are not only dependable, but also cheaper. What’s more, you’re allowed to engage on various social media channels for free before scaling with paid ads. You’re free to grow on your own, at your own pace.
- Targeted reach: Traditional advertising doesn’t give you the luxury to reach out to your target audience the way social media ads do. It simply doesn’t work that way. When you’re doing offline advertising, you’re taking the blind, shotgun approach where your returns are dismal even if you’re making big investments. Using social media ads you reach out to targeted prospects, increase your conversions and ultimately get a higher return on investment.
- Real-time performance analysis: Knowing if your ad is working or not is integral in order to improve it. When you’re doing any type offline advertising, you’re unable to analyze the performance of your ad campaign. Which cripples massively cripples your efforts. Social media ads on the other hand allow you to constantly keep track of how well (or how bad) your ad is performing. You’re able to change your ad on the fly and instantaneously see the results.
Last but not the least, it’s important for businesses of all types to understand that social media ads are only getting bigger and smarter. Social media advertising is where the future is headed. It’s the new wave. The question is, are you a part of it?
#2: Boost Brand Awareness
Social media proves to be a powerful tool when it comes to growing your brand awareness. There are businesses who dismiss it as a way to build a brand, but by doing that, they’re leaving an open ground for competitors. On the other hand, many reputable chief marketing officers agree that social media has a definite impact on brand awareness.
Increasing your brand awareness via social media isn’t rocket science. Here are a few tips on how you can do so.
- Find Your Audience: Before you start focusing on a particular social platform, find out whether your target audience is on it. You can do this by searching for relevant conversations about your product or industry. For example, a B2B company may find their audience on LinkedIn rather than Facebook. Don’t just assume or follow other brands.
- Use Visuals: Once you know where your target audience is, it’s time to grab their attention by using eye-catching visuals with your content. Images and videos play a big role in helping you grow your brand awareness on social media channels. Because they not only increase engagement but also boost social shares.
- Create Conversations: Social media is all about building conversations. If you use these social platforms for one-way communication, you’ll only grab so much attention. Instead, talk and listen. Get involved. Showcase your personality by conversing, tagging and mentioning others.
- Measure Your Efforts: Don’t just aim in the dark. Use the tracking tools provided by the platforms (eg: Facebook Page Insights) along with other external tools such as URL shorteners, Google Analytics, etc. to measure your social media activity. Use the insights you gain to understand what’s working so that you can optimize your efforts and build a stronger brand with social media.
- Build Authority: If you want a higher engagement rate along with better brand awareness, then work on building your authority by sharing real value. Along with borrowed content, your content you post should also have something original, as it adds to your credibility.
Remember, every single step that you take to increase brand awareness with social media will impact the overall growth of your business in the long run.
#3: Increase Inbound Traffic
Inbound marketing is one of the most effective ways to generate targeted traffic to your website. It’s the kind of traffic that actually converts because it’s super relevant. However, if you leave you ignore the importance of social media in business, you will be limited to your inner circle of customers or the people that are already familiar with your market or brand.
#4: Can be cost-effective
Social profiles are free. So you can essentially build an empire with a free profile. And, if you’re like most businesses, you may pay to promote a post or two. Or you may even run an ad. But you don’t have to. This is why social media is important for businesses. It allows you the flexibility to pay as much or as little as you like while allowing you to have all the functions of a business page.
Though ads, even social media ads can be expensive you have the flexibility to choose how much you spend, how long your ad runs, and you can even choose which audience it gets sent out to.
Really the only ‘cost’ you might incur is your time. Luckily, you probably won’t even have to spend too much time on it. According to Hubspot, 84% of marketers found as little as six hours of work on their social sites per week was enough to generate increased traffic.
And, compared to traditional advertising or marketing campaigns, you’re likely to save a bit of money (this can be true even if you hire a social media manager too!).
Does social media increase sales?
Social media and social media advertising rely heavily on word of mouth marketing. Essentially you are sharing your business, content, and expertise, and getting people to talk about you because of your need for social currency.
When someone tags or mentions your business in a comment, you become a trusted recommendation to their friends. Plus, you’re likely to be put in front of quality leads this way. Therefore, increasing your leads and referrals, and potentially increasing your sales all over the globe.
Social media does have the potential to increase your sales, even while being a cost-effective channel!
#5: Easy to engage with customers
Social media is a communication tool. Therefore meaning a specific tool you can use to communicate directly with customers. You can publicly communicate by commenting, or you can even reach out privately.
Most of the time this works in your favor. Because customers are already on these sites, sometimes multiple times a day they are more likely to share their good and bad experience with your business here. Giving you the perfect opportunity to respond accordingly.
Social media is quickly becoming a powerful component of digital marketing, which provides another valuable avenue to be seen by, and stay connected with, your target customer. And if you are not including social media in your marketing strategy, you may be missing out an incredible marketing opportunity, as it is a powerful vehicle to gain and retain customers.
An added reason to include social media in your digital marketing strategy is that Social media presence is becoming an important factor that search engines like Google are now placing more and more weight on when calculating search engine rankings. These days, to secure a successful ranking in the search results, SEO (search engine optimization) requirements are continuously varying. Therefore it’s no longer enough to simply optimize your website and regularly update your company’s blog. Businesses sharing their content on social media are sending out a signal to search engines that speaks to your relevancy, validity, legitimacy, and constancy.
Our Social Media Management Package provides a Social Media strategy custom tailored to your business which includes creation and boosting of compelling social media posts. Ideal for all types of businesses wanting to establish and maintain their social media presence.
Whether your company already has a social media presence and needs help in maintaining it, or whether you are starting out from scratch and dipping your toe into social media for the first time, we’ve got you covered. We’ll include everything you need: account set up, profile set up, and tracking setup for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – as well as all of your content generation for your Social Media channels (which typically include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube are not part of our standard social media management package, because they are not necessarily relevant to all types of business, but they can certainly be added if it makes sense for your company’s overall social media strategy. This is something we’ll be happy to help you determine during your free marketing consultation and strategy session. Again, we don’t believe in a “cookie cutter”, one-size-fits-all approach to marketing, because that just doesn’t make sense! Every business is different and therefore, to be effective, we always custom-tailor the precise marketing strategy specifically to the needs of each of our clients.